We endeavour, through public activism, to:
- Promote in-depth, fact-based education about religions of the world.
- Eradicate religious indoctrination through public schools.
- Identify and expose religious counterknowledge and magical thinking.
- Shield children from the psychological dangers of religious damnation.
- Promote a democratic, secular and human rights based South African society.
- Eradicate religious elitism.
Download our press release HERE.
"[Schools] have a responsibility to teach about religion and religions in ways that reflect a profound appreciation of the spiritual, non-material aspects of life, but which are different from the religious education, religious instruction, or religious nurture provided by the home, family, and religious community."
- Kader Asmal, 2003